Oxygen was known to be the only element that supports respiration as early as 1800 and was first used in the medical field in 1810. However, it took about 150 years for the gas to be used throughout medicine. In the early to mid 20th century oxygen therapy became rational and scientific, and today modern medicine could not be practiced without the support that oxygen supplies.
Medical oxygen is used to:
- provide a basis for virtually all modern anaesthetic techniques
- restore tissue oxygen tension by improving oxygen availability in a wide range of conditions such as COPD,cyanosis, shock, severe hemorrhage, carbon monoxide poisoning, major trauma, cardiac/respiratory arrest
- aid resuscitation
- provide life support for artificially ventilated patients
- aid cardiovascular stability
There are no absolute contraindications to the use of oxygen but the inspired concentration should be limited in the case of premature infants and those patients with chronic bronchitis and emphysema. However guidelines have been published by the British Thoracic Society (BTS) on the safe therapeutic use of medical oxygen, which encourages proper assessment of the patient before use.
Compressed medical oxygen toxicity may manifest itself in the following ways:
- retrolenticular fibroplasia in premature infants exposed to oxygen concentrations greater than 40%
- convulsions appear after a few hours exposure to medical oxygen at pressures above 3bar(g)
- retrosternal soreness associated with coughing and breathing difficulties, made worse by smoking and exposure to cold air after breathing pure medical oxygen at atmospheric pressure for several hours.
- China Medical Oxygen Cylinder
- medical Oxygen Cylinder Details
- Cylinder Capacity: 1,500 litres
- One cylinder can be used for 11 hours continuously at 2 litre/minute.
- with Oxygen Flow meter with oxygen toly
Oxygen Cylinder are transportable high pressure vessels.The products manufactured with the most advanced technology,machinery and equipment in the world. It mainly used in industry,Laboratory research,etc. it also widely used in Industry and Medical treatment.The valves designed and produced by ourselves are applicable to various cylinders.At the same time the company invest lots of technical force to design various cylinder bundle of gas storage to supply our customer more related products.